Leaning on the Lord...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5&6

Let us then approach the throne of grace with assurance, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lately...

Sorry I haven't written lately. Things are a little raw and I'm not sure it would make sense if I put it all down anyway. One minute, I’m heartbroken, another I’m just grateful for the time we had. I'm finding that grief is humbling - you can't just continue on as normal. Sometimes I'm okay and then break into tears without notice. Honestly, the hardest part right now is that I have moments where I think of what I "should be" doing with Logan right now. I should be feeding him, changing diapers, and exhausted from getting up with him at night, rather than grieving. I find that I want the world to just stop for a while. I need some time to grieve and figure out how to “be” without Logan’s kicks reminding me that he is still alive. But the kids still need me and the bills still need to get paid.

On a good note, my milk finally dried up so that has made me a little more comfortable and I can successfully climb the stairs on my own.

A big thank you to our friends and family. We have been so blessed by your meals, help with the kids, encouragement, and prayers - I can't thank you enough. We knew we had great friends but have been just overwhelmed with your continued kindness.

All I can say is that God is good and I know He will get us through this.

2 comments:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

Well put, Lisa. I wish there was an easy way through this but there isn't. I'm praying for you as your heart heals. It's a long journey and you will be changed. God used Logan to change you, but it hurts!

Happy McNally Mom said...

You came to my mind today so I wanted to let you know I said a prayer for you and your family. God Bless you.