Leaning on the Lord...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5&6

Let us then approach the throne of grace with assurance, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Grateful

Last night we went to church and during one of the songs I became overwhelmed with a thought that has stayed with me - we were so blessed to have had Logan join our family. Yes, we were blessed to have gotten pregnant, but we had this child who will never be tainted by this world. I know we're all born with a sinful nature, but in my eyes he was truly holy.

I just remembered a prayer request that God answered. All throughout this pregnancy, we had been praying we wouldn't have to make any hard decisions (i.e. whether or not to have him early because his heart rate had slowed and he might pass away or have a medical complication that affected my health.) God absolutely answered that request. We didn't have time to make decisions. He took care of it all. Of course, given the choice I would have preferred to have the birth go a little slower so I could have packed my own bag for the hospital and truly felt ready, but I'm a little controlling like that.

Praise you Father! You knew we had enough to deal with and didn't make us take on more. You knew that having that time with Logan would be so important for our healing. I am so grateful...

1 comment:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

I hear ya on that gratefulness. I also had that thought that at least I know for sure how one child's eternal future turns out. I'm praying for the rest as well obviously. Though it's so sad to miss out on smiles and laughs, etc. etc. this child never needed a spanking or was hurt by worldly evil. As you said, in the shadow of the pain of this time of separation, there are, amazingly, things to be grateful for. Thanks for reminding me of those thoughts.