Leaning on the Lord...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5&6

Let us then approach the throne of grace with assurance, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Friday, December 19, 2008

This blog

I set this blog up a couple of years ago, but haven't used it. I thought I'd have so much to say, but apparently that is not the case - until now. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with a baby that has a lethal diagnosis, Meckel-Gruber syndrome. Baby is expected to die in utero or shortly thereafter due to multiple defects. We found out about a month ago and it has been a long 4 weeks. Although I know we're making the right decision in continuing this pregnancy, in theory it sounded so much easier than the reality of it.

Some days are fairly normal and others I spend on and off in tears. Today is a little of both. We're home-bound due to snow/ice on the roads and I've been trying to take advantage and get some chores done. Then my 4 year-old brings me back to the reality of the situation by asking if, “…the baby can sleep in his room please.” I so wish I could say yes instead of reminding him that the baby is going to go up to Heaven right after being born...

1 comment:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

I'm so glad you're doing this blog. It will be a blessing to other people and a wonderful treasure for you to reflect on in years to come. May God bless you with an intimacy with him through this whole process. I can't wait until the 26th!