Leaning on the Lord...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5&6

Let us then approach the throne of grace with assurance, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Struggling

I have been trying not to be angry. Even before we knew about Logan’s diagnosis, I made a decision I was not going to be angry at God. I didn’t want my faith to be affected in a negative way by Logan’s death. Today, I had a realization that it’s okay to be angry about Logan’s death because God is probably angry too. He didn’t intend for us to be separated from one another by death. That’s why this feels so unnatural and difficult. It was never supposed to be this way and wasn’t, until sin entered the world. I’ve decided that it’s okay to be angry because my anger isn’t directed at God, but at sin. Sin is the cause of my pain - in more ways than this one.

No comments: