Leaning on the Lord...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5&6

Let us then approach the throne of grace with assurance, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Saturday, February 7, 2009

28 weeks

Today God woke me up at 4 am. How do I know it was God you may be asking. Well, I AM NOT a morning person and not only did I wake up, but I felt called to open my Bible and read. For some reason, I began crying and saying to God, "Whatever you want me to do, I'll do it." It's not that I don't have a reason to cry because this whole situation is pretty sad, but I was sobbing but not really feeling sad. It's hard to describe. Anyway, I feel like God is calling me to go public with this situation we're in. So far, I've told my friends and family, and anyone that I have regular contact with, but we haven't shared it with our church or anyone outside of the above groups. I guess I don't want to feel like I'm being talked about and have a tendency to keep certain things within my own group of friends.

Lately, I've been praying that God will show us a way to go through this in a way that honors Him. I'm guessing this is a step in that direction because it's definitely outside of my comfort zone...

2 comments:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

Follow that calling Lisa. God will do amazing things with Logan's life whatever happens. You will be blessed for years to come as your openness will allow God to change people's lives through you and because of Logan. I'm so proud of you. One day at a time, one step at a time, moment by moment... I can't wait to see how this calling is fulfilled.

Unknown said...

Lisa, what a beautiful blog. Know that many are praying for you. I agree with "C", follow your calling. God has and does amazing things through all situations. You are a example of strength whether you feel like it or see it. Praise God for Logan, what a precious life!